Terms and conditions of use for our website and your subscription to newson health menopause society
Welcome to Newson Health Research and Education Limited, trading as Newson Health Menopause Society (‘NHMS’).
NHMS is a not-for-profit society created to support improved health outcomes for perimenopausal and menopausal women, through professional development, education, research and practical advice and guidance (the ‘Society’).
USE OF THE WEBSITE: BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND THAT YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THEM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MUST NOT USE OUR WEBSITE.
You should PRINT a copy of these Terms for future reference or email a copy to yourself
IMPORTANT THINGS TO BE AWARE OF IN OUR TERMS
“Applicant” means a healthcare professional wishing to take a Subscription to become an Associate;
“Associate” means a healthcare professional with a Subscription to receive the Associate Benefits;
“Associate Benefits” means the following benefits:
- access to regular webinars, the ‘Confidence in Menopause’ course hosted through Fourteen Fish and a library of relevant articles, guidelines and treatment pathways;
- ability to ask your clinical questions to peers in the community section and attend case review sessions to discuss real life, complex cases;
- resources for professional development to keep your skills up to date with ‘in the room’ case studies and quizzes;
- share what is happening around the globe, connect data sets and studies with relevant expertise, knowledge and skills; and
- other features the Society make available to Associates from time to time in its absolute discretion.
“Subscription” means a paid subscription to receive the Associate Benefits;
“Subscription Application” means the electronic application form available on the Fourteen Fish platform completed by the Applicant;
“Subscription Fee” means the annual fee payable to access the Associate Benefits; and
“Website” means https://www.nhmenopausesociety.org/
- Your use of the Website is entirely optional.
ABOUT THESE TERMS
- These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to your use of our Website and any of its Content as well any Subscription to receive Associate Benefits.
- The Website is a site operated by us through which we offer you access to the Associate Benefits as well as information and Content regarding the Society.
- Please read these Terms carefully before you use the Website, become an Associate or take out a Subscription. These Terms set out who we are, how we will provide the Associate Benefits to you, how you and we may change or end your Subscription, what our liability to you is, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these Terms or you think these terms require any changes, please contact us to discuss.
- We may amend these Terms from time to time and will inform you by email of any significant changes made.
WHO WE ARE
We are Newson Health Research and Education Limited trading as Newson Health Menopause Society, a not-for-profit company registered in England and Wales with company number 12098873. Our registered office is at Winton House, Church Street, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, United Kingdom, CV37 6HB. You can contact us by email at email@example.com
USING THE WEBSITE
- The Website, Associate Benefits and Subscriptions are for anyone across the world. We try to make the Website and the Associate Benefits as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the Website or the Associate Benefits, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
As a condition of your use of the Website and the Associate Benefits, you agree to comply with these Terms and agree not to:
- misuse our Website or the Associate Benefits by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful (such as by way of a denial-of-service attack);
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website or Associate Benefits, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website; or
- share or disclose the Associate Benefits with any third party,
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the Website or your Subscription if you do not comply with these Terms or any applicable law.
In order to become an Associate the Applicant:
- must complete a Subscription Application providing the information required at clause 8.2 below;
- confirm their agreement to these Terms; and
- pay the Subscription Fee.
- In order to become an Associate the Applicant:
- The Subscription Fee is payable in accordance with this clause 6.
- Details of the current Subscription Fee and payment methods available can be found on the Website at www.nhmenopausesociety.org/subscriptions.
- Payment of the Subscription Fee is due and payable immediately once your Subscription Application has been approved.
- You have the right to cancel your Associate Benefits and Subscription 14 (fourteen) days following receipt of approval of your Subscription Application (the ‘Cancellation Period’). To exercise your right to cancel your Subscription Fee, you must inform us of your decision to cancel payment of your Subscription Fee by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you exercise your right to cancel in accordance with the terms of clause 6.4 above, your Subscription Fee will be refunded, your Subscription will cease and you will no longer be able to access the Associate Benefits.
- Your access to the Associate Benefits will begin on the date payment of the Subscription Fee is received by the Society and will continue for one calendar year from that date (the ‘Subscription Period’) after which your Subscription will expire and you will no longer be able to access the Associate Benefits until and unless you renew your Subscription. The Subscription Fee is non-refundable except as provided for at clause 6.6 above.
- You will be notified 7 (seven) days prior to the expiry of your annual Subscription that your Subscription is due to expire and you will be given the option to renew your Subscription and pay the Subscription Fee. If you do not pay the Subscription Fee before the expiration of your annual Subscription, you will no longer have access to the Associate Benefits.
- We reserve the right to change the Subscription Fee and the payment cards we accept to pay the Subscription Fee from time to time and such changes and updates will appear on our Website.
- The Subscription Fee is stated inclusive of VAT.
OUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- We own and operate the Website and provide the Associate Benefits either through the Website or via trusted third party providers. We will use reasonable endeavours to keep the Website and the Associate Benefits operational, allowing for appropriate maintenance windows however we will incur no liability in the event that the Website or third party platform is unavailable.
- We will provide the Associate Benefits using reasonable skill and care. We offer no other warranty in respect of the Associate Benefits, and all warranties which would otherwise be implied into these Terms by operation of law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted.
- We may add or remove features from the Website from time to time. We may also add, change or remove Associate Benefits from time to time. We will use reasonable endeavours to inform you of changes to features of the Website and Associate Benefits likely to have a significant impact on you.
- We do not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the Content or related information provided on the Website.
- The Website and Content are for guidance and information purposes only.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the Content is accurate, complete or up to date. We will update and maintain the Content as we deem necessary from time to time.
- You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking or refraining from any action on the basis of the Content on our Website.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES GENERALLY
- You are responsible for complying with these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions in using the Website and accessing the Content and Associate Benefits (as applicable).
- In order to become an Associate, you must create an account with us. To register, we will ask you to provide us with a username, and your email address and you will be asked to choose a password. Once we have verified your email address, you will be notified that your account has been successfully activated.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ASSOCIATE BENEFITS
- not use the Website, the Content or any Associate Benefit in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the Website or any Associate Benefit or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Website, the Content or any Associate Benefit, including by the submission of any material (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these Terms);
- not transmit any material that is illegal, fraudulent, defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the Website, the Content or the Associate Benefits;
- not use the Website, the Content or any of the Associate Benefits to provide, or purport to provide, medical advice;
- not use the Website or any of the Associate Benefits in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from the Website or any of the Associate Benefits or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Website or any of the Associate Benefits.
- You must:
COMMUNITY FORUM CONTRIBUTION
- As part of the Associate Benefits you are able to access a community forum which enables you to post your own stories, comments and queries or view other Associates’ stories, comments or queries (“Community Forum Contribution”).
You agree that:
Any Community Forum Contribution you post:
- is your own original work;
- has been lawfully provided to us (in particular, it is not in breach of any intellectual property rights of any third parties) and that you have all necessary consents to provide this to us;
- is not made to endorse or recommend, actively, any particular product or service; and
- is respectful to other users.
- Any Community Forum Contribution you post:
In engaging in our community forum and posting any Community Forum Contribution as part of the Associate Benefits,
- not to deliberately post hostile messages (also known as ‘flaming’ or ‘bashing’);
- not to befriend any other users in an abusive or exploitative manner;
- that your Community Forum Contribution does not contain any material which might bring us into disrepute;
- not to promote violence, any pornographic material or any activity that is illegal; and
- not to promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Any reliance you may place on any Community Forum Contribution is at your own risk. You should make all such reasonable enquiries as are necessary (including with any qualified third parties) and take all such reasonable steps to protect yourself if you wish to rely on any information in any Community Forum Contribution. The Community Forum Contribution is provided either by you and other Associates for general information and discussion purposes only. It does not constitute technical or medical advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from your use of, or reliance on, any Community Forum Contribution.
- you agree:
- Any Community Forum Contribution you upload will be considered non confidential and non-proprietary.
- If you believe a Community Forum Contribution uploaded is in breach of these Terms and you wish to complain, you may notify us by emailing us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any Community Forum Contribution at our discretion.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Website, the Content and the Associate Benefits: i) are owned by the Society or its licensors; ii) are licensed to you in accordance with the Terms; and iii) that you have no rights in, or to, the Website, the Content or the Associate Benefits other than the right to use each of them in accordance with these Terms.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You agree not to use the Website, the Content or any Associate Benefits for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose.
- If our provision of the Associate Benefits is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
- We do not guarantee that the Website, Content of Associated Benefits will be secure and free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes, device and platform in order to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT WITH YOU
We may end these Terms, your Subscription and your Associate Benefits immediately upon written notice:
- if you breach any of the, acceptable use restrictions or Community Forum Contribution obligations in clauses 9 and 10 of these Terms;
- if we are subject to any laws or regulations which require us to end your Associate Benefits; or
- if we have security concerns in relation to your use of the Website and/or the Associate Benefits.
- if you fail to pay the Subscription Fee
- We may end these Terms, your Subscription and your Associate Benefits immediately upon written notice:
END OF CONTRACT
If your Subscription is ended:
- your right to access and use the Associate Benefits shall stop immediately and you will no longer be an Associate.
- your licence to use the intellectual property rights detailed at clause 11 above shall immediately cease.
- If your Subscription is ended:
- Should you require any help using the Website or with your Subscription or the Associate Benefits, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMPLAINTS AND ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- If you have a complaint, please email us at email@example.com.
- In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform via https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/?event=main.home.show.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- These Terms and the documents referred to in them contain the whole of the agreement between you and us relating to the use of the Website and Subscription for the Associate Benefits (if applicable).
- No representation or other pre-contractual statement will have any legal effect unless (and solely to the extent that) it is repeated in these Terms.
- These Terms are the terms upon which we agree to provide you with access to our Website and Associate Benefits (as applicable). Nothing in these Terms will create any relationship of partnership, agency or employment between us.
- No waiver of any of these Terms will be valid unless we agree it in writing.
- These Terms and all non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.